HomeEspaña held an 11km sponsored trek in Altea on Saturday 2nd of February to help raise funds for Help of Denia and Marina Alta, who offer short term support and assistance to local people with their medical or other health related needs.
The sponsored trek invited employees, friends and family to enjoy a walk along the Altea coastline to the lighthouse of Albir, HomeEspaña raised over €1,500 from donations.
Clare Johnston, New Business Director said: “The walk was a great success and many of us got involved and trekked all the way up to the lighthouse of Albir which had breathtaking views. It definitely was a great way to end the Dry January month that our staff got involved in and all the money made from sponsors and donations will go to this amazing organisation Help of Denia and Marina Alta.
We are still a little shy from our target so if anyone would like to donate, please click on the link at the end of this page”.
Help of Denia and Marina Alta assist the local community by:
– Providing advice, assistance and support to those in need.
– Providing neighbourly assistance to people who are ill, disabled or housebound.
– Providing a range of medical and home nursing equipment for short term use.
– Providing a Help desk and Interpreters at Denia hospital.
– Visiting English speaking patients in the Denia hospitals.
– Supporting individual carers of family members, by providing them with some respite.
A new partnership between HomeEspaña and Currencies Direct has helped raise €4,000 for good causes in Spain…