The first ever direct ferry from Ireland to Spain kicks off this Sunday the 6th of May, and Santander is its destination. The new Brittany Ferries route will depart from Cork and deposit you right in the heart of Santander in Northern Spain. The company will offer two return sailings a week and the crossings will take approximately 26 hours. On the ship, you will find comfortable en-suite cabins, lounges, self-service dining, shopping and a cafe/bar. The 120 cabins on the ship will feature beds for up to four passengers, and some will be pet-friendly. The ‘Connemara’ will carry around 500 passengers with space for up to 120 cars.
Re-locating to Spain? Here are some great reasons to take a ferry:
- Easily bring the whole family along including the pets.
- Luggage allowance? They don’t exist on ferries, take as much as you can fit in.
- Bring some food comforts from home – 10 jars of that brand of relish you can’t live without.
- On your bike – don’t leave it at home, the Costa Blanca is the perfect place for some cycling.
- Stop along the way as many times as you like and take in some beautiful Spanish sites.
At HomeEspaña we have helped thousands of clients re-locate by finding them their dream home in Spain and have been on hand to offer them any advice they need throughout the process, take a look at their stories.